Sunday, April 11, 2010

I did it!

First triathlon is officially over and done with. WHEW!

Did it go the way I wanted? No. Of course not. But I finished and that’s huge in my book. Because basically, 2.5 months ago I wasn’t exercising at all and was in terrible shape. I couldn’t run a mile or swim 100 meters. So I am very happy to say that I was able to complete the tri today.

So what happened today?

The Good: I finished. Whether walking, swimming, running, or cycling, I completed a 250 meter swim, 4 mile bike ride, and 1.5 mile run in less than an hour.

The Bad: I hadn’t really practiced a good straight from bike to run and my legs felt like jelly. I ended up having to walk part of the run which I was hoping not to have to do. Oh well. I did run through the finish line.

The Ugly:  Ohhh the swimming. I have no idea what happened here. I went out too fast I guess and lost all breath. I actually stopped twice to regain my composure. Luckily, I got it together and finished but I honestly thought I was going to have to quit the tri less than 75 meters into the swim. SO ridiculous.
Also, to add to the ugly was the nerves. I can’t believe how nervous I was the day before. It was miserable. I think its because the transitions were such an unknown thing. This was a small triathlon and while I trained somewhat seriously, I didn’t put a lot of effort into things like transitions, etc. I was never trying to actually compete. Just to complete. But I think having no knowledge of what to expect made it very difficult on my nerves.

The Verdict: Oh my god it was pure torture. And I can’t wait to do another one. Seriously, while I was running and hating life today I was planning what I would do differently for the next one. Yeah, I’m that crazy. As Mr. T said today, it’s addictive. And I think I’ve caught the bug.

So.... it’s official then. I wanted to wait to see how I felt about it until after this triathlon but I think it’s pretty safe to say that I will probably be doing the 2010 Carrollton Triathlon in Carrollton, GA on July 19, 2010. WHOOOOOO!!!! :)

 Before the start. I'm freaking out right now.


Mr. T was an amazing supporter. I couldn't have done it without him.



 I'm just so dang happy to be finished.

1 comment: