Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Yikes.

Time has kind of flown by lately, and I don't have much to show for it! The past few weeks have been pretty bad for my exercise habits. I had one week where I just didn't have any motivation to do anything. And then I got sick, and I'm just getting over it. In between, we had two trips out of the state that were fast and jam-packed full of fun and no sleep. So that probably didn't help either.

I need to get it back together though. So far I am still (tentatively) planning on doing the triathlon in July. But there are a lot of factors that need to happen to make that a possibility and I definitely have my work cut out for me. I work well with goals, so to help keep me motivated I've set up a few for myself this month:

1) I joined a gym. When I first started I had a bunch of cardio classes that I was participating in and that made me happy. There's a cute little gym nearby that has a few classes that I can do for the month that we will be here. It doesn't have a pool or any other amenities but it does have Zumba. I like Zumba.

2) I have set a goal for 100 miles in the month of May. They can be running, swimming, or cycling miles. I want to see how much I can do without the cycling first though since those are the easiest miles to get. My goal is at least 60 non-cycling miles. My dailymile currently reads 63 miles, June 1st it better read 163 miles!

3) Actually follow that 10K plan that I found awhile ago. I need to keep building up miles.

4) Swim at least once a week. I wish it could be more, but where we live actually makes it really difficult to go swim. The only pools are 40 min. away and outdoor so weather is a major factor as well as time. I love swimming though, and its definitely important for me to get some pool time.

So now my goals are written out. I'll let you know how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment